Friday, 30 June 2017

Floral Paper Cardstocks & Groove Tool : July product focus

Hello wonderful people,

How have you been? It's the first of July and we are back with a new product focus post for you from Dress My Craft. We have some amazing news to share with you along with the product focus inspirations for this month - July. Did you have a chance to go through our newly launched website? It's brimming with new super glam products. No, I don't want to break the suspense...so why don't you simply browse them here :) !

Product focus of this month:
1. Groove Golf Tool 
2. Paper collection
  • Floral Exotica
  • Floral Oriental
In today's post I will be demonstrating a project I created using the Premium Cardstocks "Floral Oriental". I will demonstrate the use of Groove Golf Tool in a later post of the week.

These premium white cardstocks have been specifically used in flower making worldwide, so I tried to use it in making a journal page. I absolutely loved the thickness (250gsm) which is apt for art journaling. I wanted to add stamping, stenciling, spraying, staining, doodling and loads of journaling in my page.
FLORAL EXOTICA
FLORAL ORIENTAL

I selected the Floral Oriental cardstock for my journal page mainly because of its higher stiffness & less water absorbent quality compared to the Exotica, as I was pretty sure I wouldn't be playing much with water but I definitely needed a sturdier base. Both these papers have excellent and similar smooth texture, crisp stamping properties, die cutting and blending with distress ink properties. They are a must have for card making, scrapbooking, journaling and any 3D paper art projects.

I added some diecut paper embellishments to my layout, with tons of stamping and incorporated some details with inks, sprays and doodling.


They are of excellent quality and I didn't face any ink bleeding(during stamping) or any shrinking (during spraying and distress blending). I created the background with Distress Oxide, Dylusion Spray and random stamping. I added some stencilling use texture paste from Anna Griffin and stencil from The Crafters' Workshop. I added few more stamped images  from AallandCreate, diecuts and loads of doodling .



Hope you are inspired to create some amazing art journaling with these excellent papers and do share your creations with us. Happy crafting xx
BK

6 comments: