Thursday 21 September 2017

Fly away Mini Album using the Hydrangea Lawns paper pack + mini tutorial !

Hello Everyone!

Manu here and I have a new shaped mini to share with you all today!! It's a decor plus it doubles up as a mini album too. I also have a mini tutorial on how I made few portions of this shaped mini. 
This mini is shaped in the form of a hot air balloon and the top portion also houses slots to stick pictures and a few message tags!

Papers are a crafter's delight and Dress My Craft's Hydrangea Lawns paper are no exception. The lovely blue hues will give you the burst of freshness !
Between, the Hydrangea Lawns paper pack comes in 2 sizes now, a 12*12 inch paper pack and a 6*6 inch paper pack catering specially to the people who are adherent card makers.
Now over to my project, I have a Shaped mini in a form of a Hot Air balloon and yes, it's exiting ! I went overboard which clicking the pictures and I'm sure that you would like this little creation of mine.
Here's how it looks.



I couldn't resist making this cute little kitty's sit in there and have fun !



They look fab, don't they?
Lets get started with how I made this album into a hot air balloon 

1. Take a MDF mini, I chose a heart shape one and took 2 of the chipboards along with the front ones.



   

2.  Dab white gesso at the edges to give it a shabby effect. Cut papers from the Hydrangea Lawns paper pack as per the side of the heart shape chipboard album. 




3. I did a little shimmer spray in green and blue hues to match up with the papers.

  
  4. To make the base of the hot air balloon, take a circle die cut as per the size of the holder you want and then cut it into half to get 2 semi circles. Along with it take a elongated strip of paper measuring 4*8 inches approx and score it at .5 inch and 3.5 inch. The .5 inch gaps where it's scored at both the ends, cut small fringes on the border. These fringes will help give the base to the holder. Once the fringes is done, put tacky tape and then stick this to the semi circle along the curved portion from both the ends, you will end up having a pram kind of a structure which now becomes the holder for the kitty's to sit in.


   
Tadaa, embellish as per your choice and your sail away with me mini is ready!

Here are a few more close up's.
































These are the insides of the mini album and I have kept them pretty simple to have some pictures and the mini messages to keep in.











I hope you all liked this little alteration of mine and now that you must have seen a lot of inspirations for the pretty  Hydrangea Lawns paper pack, I'm sure you must be tempted to buy this gorgeous one!

Oh yes, there are some gorgeous additions to the Bubblegum accessories and I have a bonus project to share with you! The pretty accessories on the cover of the new pregnancy journal that I had a chance to make.


The best part is that these accessories are bell sounding ones and they look pretty nice with such variety of shapes and of course, the sound is another plus point!


Products Used:

Happy Crafting!
Manu


3 comments: