Tuesday 7 November 2017

Bookstore backyard

Hello craft enthusiasts!

How have you been? I am back with a new post for you using the DressMyCraft's miniature line. You can find them all  HERE. Being a mixed media artist, the moment I saw these beauties, specially the mdfs, my creative mind started spinning with grunge and rustic warehouse scenes. I hope crafters can relate to my this feeling and wouldn't judge me. There's something sort of magical about miniatures, especially when they're strikingly lifelike.

Well, without further ado, let me share with you my miniature scene - "Bookstore backyard" on a box lid. It was quite of a challenge for me as I have never tried my hands on miniature art but these fabulous products from DMC made it super easy and fun-filled. Its a 30cmx20cmx15cm scene exclusive of the box.

I have used a house front shape mdf as a base for my creation.The brickscene are created using cork sheet and the bricks and door were coloured using Finnafair's rust and patina pastes and tea stain.



Here is the project. To glue everything together I used matte gel, might tac glue, PVA glue and glue gun. The stool and the pot are made from scratch using cork and wood pieces. The antique door, scooter, trunk, mini books are all sourced from DMC.












DMC Products used:
Wooden door
books
Scooter
trunk

Hope you liked my project and have immense creative with this miniatures.
Thanks for stopping by,
Bipasha

4 comments: